Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphiman-Awatansathit SakkathattiyawitsanukamprasitGeneral Responsibilities of BMA
According to Articla 89 of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Act 1985 as well as other related laws, the BMA has been
authorized to perform the following principal functions within its jurisdictional area:ฃ
1. Maintain laws and orders as well as promote and support the safety and security of lives and properties.
2. Registration as mandated in the related laws.
3. Preventing and relieving public disaster.
4. Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the city.
5. City planning.
6. Provision and maintenance of roads, waterways and drainage system as well as construction and maintenance of roads,
and drainage system connecting between local authorities.
7. Traffic engineering.
8. Provision of transportation services and mass transportation systems.
9. Provision and control of markets, ferry-piers, and car parks.
10. Maintenance of public places.
11. Building control.
12. Improving slum areas and housing.
13. Provision and maintenance of public recreation areas.
14. Environmental development and conservation.
15. Provision of utilities and facilities.
16. Provision of public health, family hygiene, and medical services.
17. Provision and control of cemeteries and crematoriums.
18. Animal husbandry control.
19. Provision of control of animal slaughtering.
20. Maintain and control of orderliness and hygiene in theatres and other public places.
21. Provision of education.
22. Provision of infrastructure.
23. Provision of social welfare and improvement of quality of life for youth, women, elderly and disadvantaged groups.
24. Promote sports as well as local cultural heritage.
25. Occupational training and employment promotion.
26. Managing the BMA’s enterprises and promote investment activities, either in form of individual enterprise,
partnerships, or cooperation.
27. Develop local development plans.
28. Tourism promotion.
29. Preservation and maintenance of art, tradition, local intelligence, and culture of the communities.
30. Promote democracy, equality, and individual freedom.
31. Promote public participation in local development.
32. Disposal of trash, nightsoil, and wastewater.
33. Managing usage of woodland, land natural resources, and environment.
34. Promote and support local governing authorities in local development.
35. Cooperate and coordinate work efforts with other local governing authorities.0
36. Allocate fund in accordance to the specified laws to the local governing authorities.
37. Promote appropriate technology development.
38. Provision and maintenance of the wastewater treatment.
39. Environment and pollution management.
40. Provision and maintenance of the central market.
41. Provision of hospitals and health care, as well as control and prevent transmitted diseases.
42. Establish museums and public archives.
43. Any activities that will be beneficial to the public in the local communities as specified by the committees.
44. Any activities as specified by this legislation or other laws.Symbol of Service
Bangkok ProfileBMA Statistical Profile